Workplace Health Coach
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
This is a full-time hybrid position supporting a high-profile client in the healthcare industry in Philadelphia, PA.
The Workplace Health Coach is a client-dedicated member of the Virgin Pulse account team, focused on providing individual and group health coaching while supporting a culture of health. This individual will provide advocacy for Virgin Pulse products and demonstrate Virgin Pulse’s mission of Changing Lives for Good.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Conduct?individual and group coaching sessions focused on health improvement and wellbeing
- Coach across multiple modalities including in-person or via video conferencing
- Direct employees to the appropriate resources for health concerns, outside of the scope of work?
- Utilize coaching strategies including motivational interviewing, appreciative inquiry, and participant led focus, for improving the health of others
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a solution-oriented approach; resilient and adaptable
- Preventive care minded;?empathic, flexible, and energetic
- Ability to support participants with a wide variety of health concerns; drives towards change and positive outcomes
- Open to feedback and improving coaching skills on-going
- Ability to use metrics to assist in driving individual improvement
- Continuously work to improve participant experience, while streamlining processes and procedures
- Support Virgin Pulse platform enrollment and ongoing engagement to associated solutions, resources, and partners, as needed
- Create and facilitate onsite and virtual health education programs and events, such as workshops, group coaching, webinars, and other programs, as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- NBHWC or ICF Certification is recommended
- Registered Dietitian preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in fields related to health coach role preferred, including: behavioral health, general well-being, exercise training, nutrition coaching, background in nursing, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience with individual behavior change management, motivational interviewing, and health coaching preferred
- Experience in conducting individual or group coaching sessions that create a comfortable and confidential environment for participants is preferred
- Comfortable working with a diverse participant populations
- Familiarity with digital health apps, comfortable with technology and web-based software tools as well as delivering health coaching by use of software/technology
- Ability to troubleshoot with technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous experience working as an employee health coach preferred
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify processes and organize resources to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management; using time effectively and efficiently while prioritizing appropriately
- Empathetic, respectful, and inclusive of all individuals
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship management skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to develop and make connections between broader healthcare strategies and health and wellbeing strategies
- Results-oriented with the ability to execute on goals and support participants in reaching their health and wellbeing goals
- Proficient in electronic documentation and a quick learner of new technology/systems
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels of an organization, to diverse audiences and groups and via multiple modalities including virtually and in-person, when appropriate
- Personally demonstrates healthy behaviors in your life
- Strong customer service orientation skilled at establishing and maintaining effective relationships across diverse groups and individuals within an organization; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Naturally curious and energetic
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from 24.95 to 35.00 hourly. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for 5% as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.