Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are passionate about improving population health and developing data-driven strategy that maximizes the products, services and partners we offer to build impactful, life-changing storylines to enable our sales and customer success teams. You are a knowledgeable, highly collaborative, and strategic marketer; highly skilled in go-to-market initiatives and working cross-functionally to build collateral that clearly articulate value propositions. You thrive in fast-paced environments where you can have a big impact. You enjoy identifying opportunities for improvement and building compelling narratives. You are a natural collaborator, working diligently in partnership with teams throughout the organization to achieve results.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Confidence in interacting with product, sales, and marketing leadership to drive a point of view around the future of the product and go-to-market campaigns
- Strong background in messaging healthcare products, writing compelling stories and establishing competitive differentiation
- Solid SaaS foundation with the ability to translate technical content into business value for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in healthcare is essential, preferably in a role supporting health plans (payers) and/or community-based organizations that directly support public and community health
Your responsibilities will include:
- Positioning – product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products and services for Employers.
- Content – create a variety of timely content types including solution sheets, white papers, presentations, etc. to fuel sales and marketing success.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of our products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process for our Health Plan products and services.
- Product launch – support the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional execution of the plan.
- Market intelligence – research relevant market trends and be the expert on buyer personas including how they buy, their buying criteria and opportunities to offer new products and enter new markets; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them.
- Metrics – monitor and communicate product marketing program effectiveness metrics to the senior management team as well as use data that is globally or regionally representative to tell compelling stories.
- Thought Leadership – establish credibility as a visionary/thought leader in the health and wellbeing marketplace, evangelizing to market influencers, prospects and customers.
- Localization – create compelling value propositions, personas, and narratives that align with regional needs.
- Project Management – work cross-functionally to deliver content and assets that is cognizant of market trends, sales leadership feedback, and internal/external data in a timely manner. Provide transparency to key stakeholders on processes, deliverables, and feedback loops.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
- At least 8 years of professional experience, including five or more years of product marketing experience
- Experience in the healthcare and wellness marketplace is what will make you stand out
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- You have excellent positioning, messaging and writing skills and the ability to grasp and translate product features and technical capabilities into benefits
- Strong presentation skills
- A willingness to travel up to 20% to prospect and customer sites and industry events
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from 134,000 to 148,000. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for a 10% target bonus as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.