Regional Sales Director Southwest
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
In the role of Regional Sales Director, you will be responsible for generating new direct sales of Virgin Pulse’s SaaS HR Technology solutions to private sector entities with between 1000 - 4999 FTE’s. VP’s Regional Sales Directors are responsible for following up on inbound marketing leads, developing outbound leads, qualifying leads, and pursuing a full cycle sale. To be successful in this role you will nurture relationships, build value, handle objections, create urgency, identify procurement cycles, and collaborate strategically with sales leadership to close new business opportunities. Our best and most successful Regional Sales Directors are able to consistently generate a high degree of trust with their prospects and clients. This is necessary to close a complex and often-personal sale with HR, Benefits and Employee Wellbeing professionals. The expectation will be that the Regional Sales Director’s industry reputation, knowledge of the market and job satisfaction will be heavily reliant on the delight of each new client as they move through the initial discovery process, solution building, contracting, implementation and launch.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Achieve and exceed Annual Recurring Revenue objectives in your assigned territory.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets to sales leadership on a timely basis.
- Develop strategic plans to maximize revenue across multiple verticals within the private sector.
- Serve in a “hunter” capacity; hunt for new business and further develop opportunities.
- Creative lead generation initiatives through the use of direct mail, email marketing, external networking events, trade-shows, luncheon seminars, cold calling and research.
- Leverage Salesforce.com to build close plans, manage opportunities, and maintain accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Demonstrate Virgin Pulse products to prospects via in-person or web meetings.
- Proactive outreach to get ahead of procurement cycles through ongoing outreach, sales efforts and support RFP team in managing procurement processes.
- Coordinate with Virgin Pulse Client Services on pre/post-sales implementation activities.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Virgin Pulse product portfolio.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 6-15 years of professional selling experience in healthcare technology or relevant industries.
- Excellent understanding of B2B prospecting and sales best practices and proven ability to find creative solutions to project challenges and new opportunities.
- Strategic sales capabilities that include a high comfort level communicating with all levels of prospects within an organization, balanced with tactical skills for a fast-paced, transactional sales environment.
- In depth understanding of the Population Health Management, Health, Wellness, Productivity and Engagement categories and multi-layered buyers.
- Experience selling enterprise products/services with a focus on value-based selling methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with sales tools such as Salesforce.com, Teams, Zoom and other web-based technologies.
- Proficient in managing complex selling engagements, RFP processes, buying process in Private Sector market
You also take prrde in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- You are self-direced, results oriented, with strong project management and influencing skills.
- Has a strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure work is completed in the expected timelines.
- Excellent written and communication skills to understand and identify customer needs and map business value.
- A willingness to accept and contribute new ideas, and adapt to a rapidly changing, high-growth, environment.
- Passion for collaboration and team building across the sales organization and cross-functionally within Virgin Pulse.
- Capacity to get things done quickly.
Travel: Required travel of 50% is a minimum
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $100,000 to $110,000. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.