HR Operations Specialist
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are a people and HR professional! You know our employees and teammates are our customers, and your priority is getting it right for them. You’re an approachable, proactive, and empathetic partner; when questions are asked or problems pop up, you find the answers and lead the resolution. You prioritize the support work of the Virgin Pulse People Team, and are the organization’s go-to for supporting our company’s HR process & policies.
You don’t take problems at face value – you dig in and involve all the relevant parties, making sure you’re recommending the absolute best solutions for our business and our colleagues. Organization is your secret power – you genuinely like to be part of the solution, you could write a book on process and process improvement, creating and tracking relevant forms and reports is like breathing to you, and being responsive is your passion! You must be comfortable providing administrative and project management support for the People time function. Primary emphasis is on personnel data processing, and collection, maintenance, organization, and communication of human resources data to ensure that employee data is up-to-date and correct in our HRIS Systems. The position requires the creation and practice of sound human resource policies for the development of the organization.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- The HR operations specialist will work closely with the people leadership team to consistently seeking to standardize, centralize and automate HR processes across the entire company.
- Work with the Managers of HRIS & Payroll to focus on identifying, standardizing, centralizing, and automating HR tasks throughout the organization.
- Be the liaison between HRBP's & VP colleagues in resolving employee issues.
- Partnership with HRBP's to ensure compliance with payroll and benefits processes and procedures.
- Takes ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, inquiries, and escalations within the Global HR Shared Services functional area(s) of specialization and makes sure that they are resolved and completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality.
- Follows up and provides continuous feedback, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team.
- Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks within the designated functional area(s) of responsibility.
- Work closely with individual managers and supervisors to train and maintain our time & attendance data with integrity and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance, quality, efficiency and accuracy of information, data and HR system reporting.
- Assists with preparation and compliance for internal and external audits as required. Assists training sessions with the HR community on related topics, such as services and updates.
- Provides HR assistance for Employee situations such as benefits, payroll, retirement plans, FMLA etc. Responds to questions and concerns from Employees globally.
- Complete special projects as assigned. Effectively prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Manage all aspects of new hire onboarding & orientation for employees globally. Work with managers/supervisors in the solution of employee relations problems, recommending action as required. A Perform all other duties, as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 5+ years of professional HR experience BA degree in human resources management, or related field preferred
- High School Diploma or GED and 3 or more years’ experience in an administrative role OR a Bachelor’s Degree and years’ experience in an administrative role
- Completed HS diploma is required
- Knowledge of human resources policies and practices and federal and state employment laws
- Ability to work both proactively and independently and in a highly collaborative environment
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- MS Office Suite skills
- Experience ADP will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Office Programs and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary
- Experience working in a HR Shared Services environment
- Privacy laws and applicable benefits and payroll regulations
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from 60,000 to 70,000. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for 5% company bonus as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.