Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are a Data Analyst who will be able to hit the ground running to support the organization’s efforts to maintain leadership in the employee health engagement SaaS industry. This role will be responsible for driving, gathering and documenting business requirements, project management, answering ad-hoc questions/reporting by either documentation or writing queries/completing analysis. The incumbent will be able to interpret findings, clearly communicate results, and make recommendations to stakeholders or teammates. We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. A successful candidate will have a hunger for continuous learning, development of new skills on the job as well as the willingness to jump in on any project to support the team.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Write SQL programs to access, clean, and transform required data prior to analysis and reporting
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required to support internal stakeholders in Account Management, Sales, and Marketing
- Analyze?data using?SQL, R or Python to answer complex business?questions, experience with statistical methodologies is preferred
- Efficiently manage long-term research projects, starting with hypothesis development and data gathering, then to analysis and modeling, and through to communications and recommendations
- Ability to find and locate outside research (i.e. whitepapers, articles, studies) to further and strengthen their analysis projects
- Lead the design, development and execution of team’s ongoing analysis and reporting deliverables to clients
- Develop data visualizations to provide insights with more impact, specifically with relation to book of business outcomes?reporting?and client specific projects
- Collaborate with other internal analytics and client reporting team members to ensure appropriate data is analyzed and that results are provided in a format consistent with standard and customized client reporting services
- Support in answering questions to internal stakeholders about our tools, models, reporting
- Aptitude to do root-cause analysis and identify data issues and discrepancies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
• 3+ years of work experience in a similar position in a technology setting and a degree in business or related field; employee health management/health engagement industry?preferred
• Familiarity and recent hands-on experiences in SQL databases
• Proven record of accomplishment in delivery, process improvement, data governance and supporting client services and sales
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with producing and delivering results using varied media (i.e.,?multiple MS office formats, dashboards/visualization tools)
• Comfortable working?collaboratively?in a global environment with remote teams
• Experience in?coding in at least one scripting language, such as R or Python
• You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
• Strong interest in analytics and technology
• Experience interacting with clients, management, presenting, and acting in a professional manner
• Experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple projects?simultaneously
• Aptitude to learn new technologies and troubleshoot complex problems?independently
• Creative energy, self-starter, works equally well independently and?collaboratively
• Team-oriented, coachable, flexible, and able to adapt to changes in priority quickly and?seamlessly
• Excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and process ad-hoc?requests?as well as a keen attention to detail
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the salary may vary depending on your skills, and experience.