Workplace Health & Wellbeing Specialist
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
This position supports the State of Ohio employee well-being program and will be based in/around Columbus Ohio. The Health and Wellbeing Specialist will work with State of Ohio and the Account Manager, promoting well-being among the employees and their families. The Health and Wellbeing Specialist will collaborate with the State of Ohio team to develop programs, communications outreach tactics and engagement activities. This individual will provide advocacy for Virgin Pulse products and demonstrate Virgin Pulse’s mission of Changing Lives for Good. This position will include 10 to 25% travel as needed.
The Health and Wellbeing Specialist will partner with State of Ohio to promote a culture of health that will address the health needs of the population. Additionally, this role will work closely with the State of Ohio team to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for State of Ohio employees to engage in healthy activities. This individual will be qualified and have the resources to answer all the questions about Virgin Pulse and our products as well as questions and/or concerns regarding our well-being programs, benefits, and resources. Additionally, this position will support efforts to build out tools, resources and training which lend themselves to virtual/onsite including but not limited to the Wellness Ambassador Network
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Identify opportunities to integrate well-being into State of Ohio culture
- Monitor, evaluate and respond to program measurements, including operations and quality, to drive continuous quality improvement initiatives and goals
- Engage and partner with State of Ohio leadership to support a culture of well-being
- Collaborate with State of Ohio account leadership to drive engagement in healthy activities
- Develop and leverage partnerships with other State of Ohio benefit partners
- Provide data and analytics support to define, track and report on program activities, participation, and results
- Facilitate ongoing State of Ohio committee/group/network meetings
- Manage trending feedback
- Ensure strategies are translated to implementation plans and that such plans are communicated and implemented effectively
- Collaborate with State of Ohio and partners/stakeholders including, but not limited to, Marketing, Product, Business Operations and Customer Service to support key implementation/program update activities.
- Participate in ongoing Virgin Pulse discussions/meetings
- Build out and support the wellness ambassador network and provide leadership, support, and resources to ambassadors at multiple locations.
- Successfully escalate concerns within the applicable organization and help drive issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Support implementation of health promotion programs including health screenings, flu shots and others across client’s multiple locations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
Ability to initiate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to initiate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work collaboratively and effectively with internal/external partners
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels within an organization, both small and large group
- Strong customer service-orientation
- Adept at Excel, data analytics, forecasting
- Big picture thinker
- Business acumen
- Naturally curious
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or other health related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in fields related to health and wellness
- 3-5 years’ experience in business environment
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request via email to email@example.com. Please note the salary may vary depending on your skills, and experience.