VP, Partner Ecosystem
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
The VP, Partner Ecosystem is primarily responsible for the overall market success of the partner ecosystem program including bookings, renewals, revenue, and partnership terms. As the P&L leader for this business, you will create and evangelize a compelling strategy and vision, be in market with prospects and clients, negotiate with partners, and driving cross-functional initiatives internally.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Responsible for building out the most comprehensive global health, benefits, and wellbeing partner ecosystem and marketplace as a part of the product management team.
- Develop and maintain strategy and process for partner prioritization and selection.
- Manage selection, negotiation, and on-boarding of partners.
- Collaborate with partners to determine the concerns they are looking to solve for, what they have in place today and how they are measuring success.
- Maintain relationships with our client base to guide further solution development.
- Responsible for creating, communicating, and ensuring that the partner ecosystem’s vision is applied across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations teams.
- Develop and maintain the partner ecosystem master plan including performance, market and competitive intelligence, strategy, roadmap, market requirements, buyer personas, and business cases.
- Ensure that the organization maintains a competitive advantage by having the expertise and knowledge of key installed solutions while providing solutions and guidance for future development that complements the approach.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Commercial, Operations, and other departments to manage the full solution/product lifecycle activities.
- Craft partner strategy, vision, pricing, packaging, and place (channels, distribution, & market segments) when managing the full solution/life cycle of product.
- Ensure that productive relationships are built with ecosystem partners and manage any escalations that occur.
- Collaborate with partner operations to onboard and integrate partners.
- Participate in any necessary M&A activities such as diligence, modeling, and research.
- Responsible for team of partnership associates and managers who are responsible for the day-to-day activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Master’s degree in business highly recommended but not required.
- 10-15+ years’ experience in marketing, sales leadership, partnerships/alliances, GM, or product line/brand management roles with product strategy and/or product management responsibilities
- 5+ years relevant healthcare technology experience in the wellbeing, health, and or employee benefits space
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Experience and familiarity working with or selling to health, condition management, and wellness companies.
- Experience negotiating legal contracts.
- Public speaking strength to support external webinars and conferences.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator and communicator with evidence of cross-functional issue resolution skills
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills (both building and delivering)
- Excellent interpersonal and issue resolution skills
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions and drive change.
- Attention to detail and ability to adapt to ongoing change.
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and operational levels Results oriented leader with proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from up to $230,000 annually. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for 20% target bonus/variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.