UX Designer II
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
As a member of the Product Design team, you will help shape our global health and wellbeing product by applying hands-on UX design and product thinking skills. Our software platform spans from the web to wearables, from iOS to Android and other connected devices and reaches more than 14 million impacted members across 20 languages and 190 countries.
You will enjoy a wide mix of work ranging from consumer-style health app design to complex back-end admin interfaces. You will create not only end-state UI but also strategic artifacts including task flows, wireframes, and concepts. You will join an innovative product experience team that includes product managers, UX designers and researchers, content strategists, and other specialists in a highly collaborative agile environment.
This role may be remote, or can be based in Providence, RI or Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please submit a portfolio of recent work along with your application.
What’s special about our team?
We nerd out on health and behavior change principles. We collaborate weekly on work in flight, listen to playlists while we design together, brainstorm innovative futures in “blue sky” sessions, and chat over a monthly Podcast Club. We have the flexibility to lead our own research studies or lean on our devoted researcher’s expertise. We encourage all team members to contribute to our vision from whichever corner they inhabit. We value continuous learning, sharing what you know, and supporting others at every level.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- You are a problem-framer, user advocate, and systems thinker with an established toolkit of flexible, discovery practices to understand complex technical and user challenges based on qualitative and quantitative methods led by yourself or in collaboration with a lean research team.
- You have a deep understanding of the end-to-end product experience and are eager to engage in discussions about how parts of a system influence the whole.
- You’re comfortable in the weeds of the design process, as well as in conversing on a roadmap with product stakeholders.
- You are a strong visual communicator with high attention to detail who cares deeply about producing consistent, high-quality experiences.
- You are highly collaborative, having demonstrated expertise in working with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for collaboration and process efficiency.
- You have a solid grasp on design best practices and the industry landscape, while able to adapt your recommendations to different contexts and needs.
- You are skilled at communicating with cross-functional partners, balancing short- and long-term design and engineering requirements, and recognizing patterns in UX solutions and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Design and/or product-oriented UX roles on cross-functional teams
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design, HCI, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Previous domain experience in Healthcare, Public Health, Wellbeing, and/or Fitness preferred
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Fluency in user-centered design methodology, design thinking and workshop facilitation – and you’re always looking to improve and grow
- Well-versed in Figma, Jira, and other operational tools and systems
- Generalist UX chops with expertise in visual and interaction design
- Excellent written and spoken communicator able to present design decisions in a clear and compelling way
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
- Adept and nimble at learning new domains, technologies, and processes
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
Additional qualities perferred but not required:
- Demonstrated experience designing scalable patterns and components, including creating and maintaining complex design systems
- Demonstrated experience in driving accessibility standards
- Experience in building admin tools
- Experience in data-oriented products and data visualization
- Experience with game design and/or loyalty programs
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from $87,800 to $103,100 annually. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for 10% target bonus/variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.