Senior Software Engineer
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
Senior Software Engineer supports and help drive the delivery of new and enhanced features for their Product Delivery Team. They have a solid grasp of the platform, our tech stack, and trends within the field of engineering. They know dependencies with underlying systems and can fix issues in the system interfaces. In addition to developing and solving complex tasks, they aide in prioritizing development stories, provide estimates and create subtasks to implement product features within the sprint. They take ownership in production issues that arise and actively work to a timely resolution. They may also be involved with architecture decisions for the development framework and perform code reviews.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Design, code, and test new platform components, features, and enhancements for our web platform (Java/Kotlin)
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues across our platform
- Support the team leads from an engineering perspective during sprint grooming, planning, and kick-off to help estimate stories, raise awareness and additional implementation details
- Monitor and enhance platform performance tools in production
- Ability to lead in software architecture discussions and actively contribute to technical discussions
- Help to prioritize development user stories
- Mentor and assist other engineers
- Demonstrates ownership for development across team and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead in identifying and resolving production issues
- Help Identify and come up with strategies to resolve technical debt
- Create user stories to resolve production issues, technical debt, and opportunities for improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team:
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Ability to go beyond the functional solution to build maintainable and well-tested code
- Ability to partner closely with product managers to refine the product
- Strong communication skills, openness to collaborate, and enthusiasm to deliver as a part of a team
- A passion and drive for learning technologies and recommend how to apply them pragmatically
- An ability to lead a technical discussion and the openness to listen and learn from your peers
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- 4+ years in SW development role
- Fluency in Java/Kotlin (or similar)
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a solid grasp of object-oriented programming
- Experience developing services and APIs for web and mobile apps
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security, and usability
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.