Regional Vice President, Sales
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are a knowledgeable Enterprise Sales Leader in the Northeast Region of the United States; skilled in managing, developing and leading a team of mid-career & senior enterprise sales directors. You have a track record of successfully leading high performing team’s in a fast paced, complex selling environment. You have experience managing remote field sales team members and understand the nuances of selling into the complicated world of HR, Benefits, and Talent Management. Ideally, you have experience selling or managing within the employee health, wellbeing, and/or navigation space and are familiar with the competitive landscape and key industry influencers.
You thrive when challenged and understand how to effectively support and lead a sales team in a complex selling environment. You are strategic, collaborative, and willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team members achieve their sales targets.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Achieve and exceed Annual Recurring Revenue targets in specific geographic and market segments.
- Work closely with the broader sales management team to ensure alignment with key corporate initiatives and goals.
- Coach and develop team members to improve on key productivity measurements.
- Develop strategic territory plans to maximize revenue out of assigned market segments and accounts.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets to executive leadership on a timely basis
- Leverage Salesforce.com to manage team opportunities and maintain accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Work closely with sales team members to demonstrate Virgin Pulse solutions to prospective employers via in-person or web presentations.
- Support team members with sales proposal delivery to prospective clients.
- Coordinate with Virgin Pulse Implementation Services and Client Success on pre/post-sales implementation, launch plans, and hand-off process.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Marketing to support voice of customer and influence our demand generation efforts and mindshare creation.
- Participate and support cross functional projects as requested by the Senior Leadership team.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience – both will be considered equally
- Your background contains 5 to 10 years of sales management experience in the Wellbeing, Benefits, or HR technology category.
- You have a documented history of consistent team quota over-achievement.
- You understand the importance of culture and want to be part of a high performing team that balances performance, productivity, and fun.
- Your experience includes selling and directing enterprise products/services with a focus on value-based selling methodologies.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- You possess strategic sales capabilities that include a high comfort level communicating with all levels of prospects within an organization.
- You are proficient in managing lengthy complex selling engagements – six to nine-month sales cycles.
- You are self-directed and results oriented, with strong project management and influencing skills.
- You operate with a strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure work is completed in the expected timelines.
- You have strong familiarity with sales productivity tools such as Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, Sales Navigator, Zoom, other web-based technologies.
- You possess excellent written and strong communication skills to understand and identify customer needs and map business value.
- You have the ability to understand business value and purchase processes, and synthesize these insights into actionable, useful, guidance for the sales and marketing teams.
- You consistently display a willingness to accept and contribute new ideas, and adapt to a rapidly changing, high-growth, and environment.
- You possess an excellent understanding of B2B prospecting and sales best practices, and proven ability to find creative solutions to project challenges and new opportunities.
- You have a passion for collaboration and team building across the sales organization and cross-functionally within Virgin Pulse.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from 170,000-200,000. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.