Product Data Scientist
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
Virgin Pulse is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist who will hit the ground running to support product research to inform the data, analytics and reporting strategy for the company. You have a strong statistical and AI/ML skill set, as well as technical proficiency to complete projects end to end. This role will be responsible for accessing and building datasets, designing and conducting analysis, and creating and delivering key findings and insights towards our overall product strategy. The analyst will be able to interpret findings, clearly communicate results, and make recommendations to internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, in which expectations are high both for the quality and speed of work. A successful candidate will have a hunger for continuous learning, a desire to grow and lead, and strong interpersonal relationship skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary team of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of healthcare. We are focused on contributing to the company’s data, analytics and reporting strategy and work on high-impact projects utilizing AI/ML technologies to improve the digital experience & health and wellness of our consumers.
We’re a lean, flat and experimental team combining science and engineering to identify and inject high-value insights into healthcare processes at their point of highest impact; preventing health challenges instead of curing them. The team works in quick iterations, using the techniques and algorithms best suited for solving the challenging problems of healthcare.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Perform in-depth analysis of healthcare data to design, develop, and deliver analytic solutions.
- Develop and maintain complex analyses critical to the business utilizing a variety of tools including SAS, R, SQL or Python. This includes data calculation, visualization, and automation.
- Develop data visualizations to provide insights with more impact, specifically with relation to book of business outcomes reporting and client specific projects
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required to support internal stakeholders in Client Success, Sales, and Marketing
- Create predictive models using Virgin Pulse’s leading-edge technologies including our machine learning technology.
- Design, conduct and manage new analytical projects, starting with project planning, hypothesis development and data gathering, then to analysis and modeling, and through to communications and recommendations
- Leverage existing studies, literature, and analyses into current research and analysis projects
- Experience in different statistical methodologies such as propensity score matching and difference in differences analysis
- Develop and deliver analysis results using various visualization and presentation software/tools, such as R/Toolkit, Tableau, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis using varied analytical tools and techniques, including advanced statistics
- Support Sales, Marketing, and Product Management with Virgin Pulse clients and prospects by directly communicating on data and analytics processes and projects, as well as the results of analyses
- Work with departmental processes, projects and programs using Smartsheet, MS and Atlassian toolsets to keep projects and milestones on schedule, our collaborative and internal work organized as well as externally facing documentation comprehensive, updated, and accessible
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer science, Economics, Mathematics, Biostatistics, Engineering, Epidemiology, Information Technology, Economics or related field; Master’s degree is a plus
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Strong collaboration, process, and project management skills
- Strong analytical ability, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and troubleshoot complex problems independently.
- Creative energy, self-starter, works equally well independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in priority quickly and seamlessly
- Strong organizing and coordination of work products, documents, and content for publication and distribution
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and process ad-hoc requests
Experience in providing consultative guidance and contributing to the growth and development of others
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from [$90,300 to $110,400]. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for [10%] target bonus/variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.