Health and Wellbeing Program Manager
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
This is a full-time hybrid position supporting a high-profile technology client, in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Health & Wellbeing Program Manager is a client-dedicated member of the Virgin Pulse account team, focused on designing and delivering a comprehensive strategic wellbeing plan, aimed at building a culture of health, enhancing health and wellbeing engagement, and driving health behavior change through awareness and activation. The Health & Wellbeing Program Manager works side by side with the Virgin Pulse account leadership and the client’s HR, benefits, and/or stakeholder teams. This individual will provide advocacy for Virgin Pulse products and demonstrate Virgin Pulse’s mission of Changing Lives for Good. This position will include approximately 10-15% travel.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise in defining, designing, developing, communicating, and executing a comprehensive health and wellbeing strategy, including a global population
- Utilize project management skills to develop and execute health and wellbeing programs according to timeline and budget
- Monitor, evaluate, and respond to program measurements and participant feedback, including operations and quality, to drive continuous quality improvement initiatives and goals
- Serve as an integrated partner and the face of wellbeing to the client population, guiding members to appropriate resources and offerings
- Engage and partner with client leadership, stakeholders and internal groups (Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Resource Groups, etc.) to build and support a culture of health
- Leverage community partnerships to support client goals including initiatives related to social determinants of health, diversity and inclusion, health, and holistic wellbeing (mental, physical, social, community, financial, and safety wellbeing)
- Collaborate with the client’s health plan and vendor partners to identify opportunities for health awareness and engagement, and to drive utilization of the client’s suite of health, benefits, and wellbeing offerings
- Launch and lead a Wellness Champion Network across key client locations
- Support Virgin Pulse platform enrollment and ongoing engagement to associated solutions, resources, and partners
- Lead implementation of health promotion programs including health screenings, flu shots, and open enrollment events
- Lead regular data assessment and reporting to internal and external stakeholders and leadership, while defining opportunities, tracking impact, and determining next best steps
- Collaborate with Virgin Pulse and client support teams including Marketing, Product, Business Operations, and Customer Service
- Partner with Virgin Pulse peers to share best practices and opportunities to drive best-in-class services to our clients
- Provide support for renewal and expansion planning as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or other health related field such as public health, community health, nutrition, exercise physiology, etc…
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field preferred
- Public health related certification (ie: CHES, NWI, Chapman Institute) preferred
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience in fields related to health and wellbeing
- 5+ years of experience in corporate environment preferred
- Experience working with incentive programs; working knowledge of the Virgin Pulse platform and systems/tools preferred
- Health plan experience preferred
- Global experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify processes and organize resources to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management; using time effectively and efficiently while prioritizing appropriately
- Strong business acumen
- Flexible & Natuarally Curious
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to create impactful and engaging content
- Detail oriented with thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while demonstrating concern for all areas involved
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels of an organization, including C-Suite leadership, and to diverse audiences and groups, via multiple modalities including virtually and in-person, when appropriate
- Strong customer service orientation skilled at establishing and maintaining effective relationships across diverse groups and individuals within an organization; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 3 days onsite at client in Raleigh, NC
- 2 days remote
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges from 70,000-80,000. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.