Director - Product & User Experience (UI/UX Research)
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
As the leader of the design group for a purpose driven company with the mission of Changing Lives for Good, you will help shape our global health, navigation, and wellbeing products, be responsible for the design of those products, mentor design mangers and designers, and build a world class team. Our software platform spans from the web and mobile to proprietary wearables to direct mail and reaches more than 150 million impacted members across 18 languages and 190 countries.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Rapidly establish the inspirational, big-picture opportunity spaces and conceptual vision to be explored, then builds the approach for making it real
- Drive a compelling creative vision and story for new and innovative opportunities; fuel excitement and action from the organization and influence executive leadership; actively engage in strategic planning and company cultural leadership
- Lead, manage, mentor, and grow our team of incredibly talented experience professionals; hold the design team accountable to deliver high-quality experiences; own the output quality of the team's work
- Build a team environment that promotes comradery, champions innovation, and inspires creative ambition
- Drive experimentation mindset and execution; use qualitative and quantitative insights from user and market research and data sources to advise and inform decisions based on the needs of users and the business
- Exemplify a multi-disciplinary approach to design, leading by example and lifting others up
- Lead the conceptual direction and design critique while ensuring the team has the right balance of quality and velocity
- Ensure new user experiences are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company's brand identity as well as consumer and client satisfaction
- Ensure our products deliver delightful, usable, effective, and highly engaging experiences for consumers, administrators, coaches, and all other roles that our products serve
- Work collaboratively and iteratively with engineering, content, business owners, and other stakeholders; incorporate input from multiple stakeholders while defending design decisions when appropriate based on user research, data, brand, and design principles; demonstrated ability to build alignment across the organization
- Guide and support initiatives from concept through project execution, including IA / wireframes, prototypes, user journeys, process flows, design specifications, and final designs; practice, drive, and guide exemplary visual and interaction design practices
- Build and manage the experience design process, workflow, and integration with Virgin Pulse’s agile with Scrum SDLC
- All other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 7+ years of combined experience as a user experience professional at B2B and B2C companies with demonstrated ability to improve business performance and user satisfaction
- 5+ years of team management focused on digital experience development
- Experience working on large scale web applications and/or platforms
- Demonstrated ability to bring technology products and services to market quickly in an agile development environment
- Research experience, ability to coordinate and guide user testing sessions, as well as analyze and communicate insights
- Skilled with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint/Keynote, design systems and other industry standard UI/UX tools
- Portfolio available for review
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, ability to hold an executive audience
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in healthcare or wellness/well-being preferred
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the salary may vary depending on your skills, and experience.