Data Scientist I
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are a Data Scientist who will hit the ground running to support the organization's efforts to drive personalization and targeted intervention in the health engagement SaaS industry. You have a solid statistical and modeling skill set and the technical tools to complete projects end to end. This role will be responsible for preparing datasets, building predictive machine learning models, and optimizing model performance. We are looking for someone who is self-directed and thrives working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which expectations are high both for the quality and speed of work. A successful candidate will have a hunger for continuous learning, a desire to grow and lead, and strong interpersonal relationship skills.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Gathering, cleaning, transforming, and sampling complex healthcare data.
- Working with our current team of data scientists and engineers to develop and deploy predictive machine learning models.
- Applying statistical techniques to validate and evaluate model performance, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- A bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, statistics, or a related field or equivalent experience; further advanced degree is desirable
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling techniques
- Interest in health management/health engagement; experience working with healthcare claims or clinical data is highly desirable
- Self-motivated with strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically and critically
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Proficiency using SQL and relational databases; experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Strong programming skills in Python or R (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with SAS software is a significant plus
- Familiarity with Agile development framework preferred
- Git experience preferred
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
In compliance with all states and cities that require transparency of pay, the base compensation for this position ranges up to $95,000 annually. Note that salary may vary based on location, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for 10% target bonus/variable compensation as well as health, dental, vision, mental health and other benefits.